Champs Sports in the News
If you've been sticking to a rigorous workout routine all summer and fall, congratulations. You're probably feeling great about the way your body and mind feel after a nice walk or run outside. However, with winter weather threatening to dump snow all over your path or make temperatures unbearable, you might have to find another means to get your daily activity in. Here are some easy workout moves you can do indoors, as well as a few useful promotion codes that could get you discounted equipment.
1. Jump rope. You don't need anything fancy to pull off jumping rope - just something that can be swung around. It could be a piece of rope from your garage with duct tape on the ends, a long cable or even the tie to your bathrobe, if it's long enough. If you want the real deal, you could get 15 percent off with a Dick's Sporting Goods promotion code. Just find a spacious area in your house, whether it's your living room, garage or bedroom and start jumping. A few minutes is all you need for a great cardio session.
2. Treadmill. While they're not the most exciting pieces of equipment, treadmills are a tried-and-true method to keep in shape. They're a bit expensive, but a Modell's promotion code could get you 20 percent off your order, and you know you'll get a lot of use out of it. To stay motivated and avoid getting bored looking at the same old section of wall, put a TV in front of the machine and watch your favorite movies or shows as you break a sweat.
3. Dumbbells. Weight training is essential to keep your muscles toned and your strength up. Even if you don't have a legitimate set, you could use everyday objects around the house instead. Pick up a water bottle filled with sand, a heavy vase or anything else you think would work, then do your reps. Check out moves online that will help you sculpt each section of your body, and print out the directions to keep near you as you learn them.
4. Stair stepping. You don't need an expensive Stair Master to give you a great workout that will have your calves screaming for mercy. If you live in a home with a staircase, you're all set to get started on a stair-stepping routine. Go up and down as many times as you think necessary to work up a sweat, and try varying your speed. If you don't have stairs in your home, you can still get the same effect by using a small stool or even a large book. Just set it on the floor and step on and off of it. It's easy and effective.
5. Exercise ball. This simple piece of equipment can be used in a variety of ways to work out every part of your body. Whether you want to use it for stretching, crunches or planks, it's easy and fun to do. Lots of moves can be done to strengthen your core muscles, which can improve your overall posture. Look up a few moves on a fitness website and get started once you get your ball for cheap with a Sports Authority promotion code.
6. Dancing. It sounds easy because it is. You don't need to have a formal workout session to stay active and keep moving - all it takes is a couple of speakers and plenty of energy. Compile a CD of your dance favorites, then blast it in an area of your home where you'll have plenty of space to move around. Try out moves you've seen done on TV and just go wild. You'll have so much fun, it won't even feel like a workout, and you'll be able to get rid of stress while you're at it.
7. Workout videos. There are plenty of routines available that you can do in front of the TV or computer at home. You might find something on your cable box, rent a DVD from the store or even check on YouTube for free workout videos. Just search for a workout you'd be interested in trying, whether it's a yoga routine, an aerobics mix or Pilates, then get to it. Mix up your routine to avoid becoming bored.
8. Cleaning. Believe it or not, vacuuming your house and performing other cleaning tasks can actually get you the workout you need for a day. Put a little extra elbow grease into your work to make it challenging and more effective. Your body and your home with thank you when you're done.
9. Jumping jacks. Although you may feel like a child in gym class doing these, they're good for cardio and they're easy enough to do in the living room. You might want to jump up off the couch during a TV session and do jumping jacks during the commercials, or just take a few minutes here and there throughout the day. You could make them more challenging by investing in a few body weights, which you can attach to your wrists or ankles. Search for deals with a Champs Sports promotion code.
10. Try something new with a friend. If you don't think you have the motivation or dedication to work out on your own in your house, try enlisting the help of a friend. The two of you could sign up for a class together somewhere, or just get together and try something new, like yoga or kickboxing. You'll be able to push each other to work harder and you'll have fun doing it. It's a win-win situation for both of you.
As long as you get a little creative and aren't afraid to try a few new things this winter, you should be able to keep up a killer workout routine. Just remember that the right equipment and gear always helps, so use promotion codes to help you get the best discounts and deals.