EconomyTravel.com in the News
Traveling is one of the top activities included on most people's bucket lists, regardless of age, race or gender. Everyone is obsessed with packing up and going somewhere to explore a new culture. It is fun and exciting to imagine the people just waiting to be met, the new experiences to go through and the food to taste. Before you book a trip, look into an Economy Travel promotion code to save money and receive special discount offers.
If the travel bug has struck you, leaving you with itchy feet and no idea where to go, here are the top five places in the world to travel according to U.S. News. You may be surprised to see which cities made the list and the others that fell by the wayside.
1. Paris. The City of Lights makes almost every one's list of must-sees. It includes history in its cobbled streets, adorable fashions and incredibly rich food that is positively decadent. The Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Notre Dame and the Centre Pompidou draw millions of travelers each year to experience the “je ne sais quoi” of Paris. Battle your friends or family members with baguettes as you roll across the grass in a French park. There is so much to do that it is hard to contemplate running out of things to keep you occupied.
2. Barcelona. This golden Mediterranean jewel features all the charm associated with seaside cottages, along with the majestic pride of city skyscrapers emerging out of the rolling hills. Featuring one of the greatest concentrations of Gothic architecture in Europe, Barcelona is a paradise of contradictions. The sunny beaches and enticing culture make it one of the premier tourist locations of the world. The streets feature unique art scenes from both the great and renowned artists as well as locals looking to beautify their neighborhoods. Bright hues seem to be the only requirement. Travel the winding streets and surrounding areas of Barcelona with a Europcar promotion code for a rental car discount.
3. London. Historically known as the epicenter of western European culture, London offers a multitude of distractions to any traveler. Experience the history by touring the Tower of London, going on a Jack the Ripper Tour or visiting the massive amounts of available museums. The Tate Modern offers the refined cultural experience of modern art in its finest and strangest expressions. You could also visit the many fairs and markets that pop up along the Thames River. The Buckingham Palace is a grand place to visit - watch as the changing of the guard occurs to as the band plays a variety of classic and pop music. (They've even been known to play the Star Trek theme song!) Fly to London cheaply with a British Airways promotion code for five percent off a flight.
4. San Francisco. Hit the steep streets of San Francisco and experience a laid back culture very different than many U.S. cities. This bay-side icon is filled with things to do, like take a double-decker bus tour of the city to view the Golden Gate Bridge (if it isn't too foggy) or visit the infamous jail - Alcatraz. Besides the iconic symbol of the Golden Gate Bridge, the traditional cable car trolley is universally recognized as a symbol of this fair city. It wouldn't be a true visit to the area without hoping on one for at least one trip.
5. New York City. The Big Apple. Open 24 hours a day, there is no other place that offers the such a wide range of diverse cultures jam-packed into one convenient location. Just by traveling a few blocks, a visitor can see Chinese, French and Italian cultures compressed into one super center. New York is filled with iconic symbols, such as the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty and Times Square. Book a tour with a City Experts promotion code and save on a group tour of this grand place. You will never be bored in this city, as it features some of the finest eateries and best local cuisine,. New York-style pizza can’t be beat – it’s one of a kind. If that is not enough to entice a visit, New York City also offers some of the greatest theater, with grand plays or local productions featuring a variety of talents and styles.
Which ever destination calls out to you, make sure to research the destination for the best deals and most memorable must-sees before booking a flight. The internet provides a great research tool for both the experienced traveler and the novice. The options for traveling destinations are endless and, with the right attitude, a traveler may just find their new favorite spot in world.