Faucet.com in the News
The new year is here, which often inspires people to take on home renovation projects in an effort to update the look and value of their house. If you're thinking about embarking on a redesign project, you should focus on areas that can make your house worth more money if you ever decide to sell. With a Home Depot promotion code, you can get great deals on all of the materials you need, so you can choose to renovate more than one aspect of your home. Here are a few of the top areas in your house that could use a boost.
1. Your front door. It's one of the easiest ways to increase the value of your home, as it doesn't take much effort to remove your existing door and replace it with a new one. Not only can a new door give your home more curb appeal, but you can get a great return on a steel door. Use a DoorHardwarePlus.com promotion code to get a discount on accessories. If you're really strapped for cash, even repainting your door a brighter color can provoke interest.
2. Transform your basement or attic. Although this type of renovation is a bit pricier, you're pretty much guaranteed to get more money with an extra bedroom or family room. You could use the area as a guest room, office or playroom until you sell your home to a family that needs the extra space. If price is no object, consider adding a bathroom for even more profit.
3. Update your garage door. If you have a garage, you might want to think about updating the doors themselves or the system. For example, if you have manual doors, you should look into electronic garage doors that will open with the push of a button. Future owners may think that getting out of their car to open the door before parking is a hassle. Many systems also come with lighting, which many people like to have in their garage for convenience and security.
4. A wooden deck addition. This can improve the value of your home, and it's relatively inexpensive compared to other additions. A deck can be an outdoor living space where you can place a grill and socialize. You can take on the project yourself if you're handy with tools - otherwise hire an experienced carpenter to get the job done. A Tool King promotion code could get you discounts on the tools you need if you decide to build the deck yourself.
5. Kitchen remodeling. Many people looking to buy a house make decisions based on how well they can see themselves in the space. If you have a small or dull kitchen, it may be a turn-off to those who like to spend time in there cooking and socializing. Consider upgrading your cabinets or countertop, or investing in a few new appliances. An Appliances Connection promotion code could get you deals on kitchen appliances like refrigerators and microwaves.
6. Updated siding. Whether you choose vinyl or fiber-cement siding, you'll likely be making a good investment. The exterior of a house is important to many people who are looking to buy a home, so upgrading your siding is always a feasible idea. If you're thinking about selling your house soon, you may want to choose a simple or neutral color that won't be off-putting to people who view the house.
7. Replacing your windows. Getting rid of old windows and replacing them with energy-efficient windows will not only save you money on your electric and gas bills, but might increase your house's curb appeal. A Lowe's promotion code could help you save money on what you need.
8. Your yard. A nice yard is always an attractive element for buyers, so why not put a bit of effort into sprucing up your lawn? A bit of fertilizer here and there or some sod to replace worn areas will make your back, side and front yard green and lush. A few flowers, shrubs and other plants might also make the outdoor space more inviting.
9. Your bathroom. It might be a good idea to update your bathroom. Whether you choose to replace vinyl flooring with tile, invest in a new shower stall or upgrade your faucet, changes like this will boost the value of your home. Use a Faucet.com promotion code to save on brand name fixtures.
10. Little changes that count. Even if you're not willing to spend much money on home renovations, it never hurts to make a few small, budget-friendly changes. This could be as easy as repainting a room, staining your cabinets, installing new hardware or switching your lights. Just think about your choices carefully before you commit to anything.