About Home Depot: Home Depot is interrnationally known as a leader in the home improvement and hardware retail sectors. Some of their best selling categories include Large Appliances, Outdoor Living, Gift Cards, Lighting & Fans, and Tools & Hardware. They also carry seasonal items, such as barbeque grills, christmas lights, patio furniture, air conditioners, and gardening tools, and so much more.
LatestHome Depot News
01/18/12: Sometimes, you may think that a new set of furniture or a complete renovation is necessary to transform your home's interior. However, it's entirely possible to update your decorating scheme on a budget as long as you're prepared to do a bit of bargain-hunting and a couple of fun DIY projects. Use a couple of these tips and a Lowes promotion code to get you everything you need in the process.
1. Think you need new furniture? Try painting old pieces instead. If your tables and chairs look a bit worse for wear, sometimes all it takes is a bit of sanding and a new paint finish to update their look. Black looks chic in a variety of interiors, and matte finishes do a great job of masking scuff marks.
2. If you want to paint a room but don't want the color to be overwhelming, it's a lot easier to choose an accent wall and paint just that. This could also work well by covering one area with wallpaper, so use a Steve's Blinds and Wallpaper promotion code to save an extra 10 percent on your purchase.
3. Update your window treatments. Sometimes all it takes is a new set of curtains or some floor-grazing drapes to transform the feel of a room. If you're good at sewing, it's a lot cheaper to buy fabric and create your own designs, but you could see if a Laura Ashley promotion code for 25 percent off made to measure curtains can help.
4. Add new kitchen and bath fixtures. Buying a new faucet is a lot easier than replacing an entire sink, and you can easily do it yourself. Believe it or not, different finishes of metal can update your entire bathroom or kitchen aesthetic, so don't be afraid to check out a number of options.
5. If your carpet could use an upgrade, you might be able to add a few area rugs on top to make the space more inviting and cover up any soiled areas. Choose a color and pattern that complements your decor, then use a Natural Area Rugs promotion code to get 10 percent off your purchase.
Updating your decorations doesn't have to cost you a lot of money as long as you're willing to put some work into it. Read up on a variety of home improvement material, then get going. Don't forget to use a Home Depot promotion code to save on whatever materials you need.
07/27/11: Having a beautiful garden in your back or front yard is something that many homeowners would like to have. Being able to open up your shades to view blooming flowers and lush greenery in your yard provides a homey and calming feeling. Additionally, having a well-maintained garden also adds to the home's overall curb appeal. If you plan to grow a garden, you're going to need some important tools and equipment to make the task easier.
Shovel. Perhaps one of the most important additions to your garden tool collection is a shovel. For seeds and smaller shrubs like herbs, a trowel is the perfect tool to use for digging. Tasks which require you to relocate bigger plants will call for a regular shovel or spade.
Rake. Rakes aren't just to clear up leaves on the lawn. They are also used to loosen up soil so your plants will have no problem growing. And just like the shovel, a rake comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. Rakes made from plastic are normally used to clean up leaves on the yard, while the forged steel variety is used for tasks which require more effort. A hand rake, on the other hand, is the perfect complement to a trowel for smaller aerating tasks.
Secateurs. Secateurs or pruning shears need to be comfortable in your grip and sharp at the same time. With garden scissors, you'll be able to maintain the growth of your plants so your yard doesn't turn into an overgrown mess. Additionally, those with fruit-yielding plants should be pruned to ensure that they're healthy.
Wheelbarrow. A wheelbarrow is especially important for those with a giant yard. Transporting soil, waste or other debris back and forth will take half the time with a good model. Those with extra cash to spare can opt for a motorized wheelbarrow to do all the hauling for you.
Gloves. Working outdoors with Mother Nature is not always an easy feat. With thorns and other prickly things in the garden, you're bound to get wounded if you're not careful. This is why a good pair of gloves is crucial to ensure that your little hands are safe. Opt for a set that's durable enough but not too bulky, otherwise, using those tools could become a pain.
Watering equipment. Plants need water, of course, but you need the right tools to ensure that your shrubs are getting adequate supply. If your garden faucet is located at a far reach, investing in a heavy-duty hose might be what you need. You might also want to purchase a hose nozzle to spray your growing plants. For young seedlings, the pressure of water coming from a hose might be too much to handle, so opt for a watering can instead. This comes in a variety of models, sizes and materials used like plastic or aluminum.
Lawn Mower. The garden's not the only thing that needs maintenance - the lawn around it needs some loving too. You may have a beautiful garden, but overgrown grass will only distract viewers from those gorgeous flowers. For a small patch of lawn, a push mower is all you need to easily cut those blades. For a bigger space, a motorized version that requires fuel might just be what you need for little effort. And for a really big space, investing in a riding mower might just save you time and money in the long run. Do remember that sophisticated equipment can cost some dough, so don't forget a Home Depot Coupon Code before buying that model.
Other Equipment. If you're going to take your garden maintenance seriously, there's plenty of other equipment available on the market that you can purchase to make the task easier. A leaf blower can easily spruce up the garden or the driveway when the leaves around your home start falling. Those with bushes will also require a hedge trimmer to keep the shape of their plants. Got some branches or trees that you want cut down? If you'd rather do the work yourself, you can opt for an axe to get the job done, but if you don't want to spend a whole day doing so, a chain saw is the perfect tool that you can use.
When purchasing garden tools, do remember that these things will be used for years to come, so investing in heavy-duty and durable pieces might be a better alternative to cheap and easily-breakable items.
Using Home Depot Promotion Codes:
To activate the listed promotion codes, simply copy and
paste the promotion code listed into the box on the merchant's site. Codes typically offer things such as modest discount and some have a free shipping code.
There is usually a button that will let you
update your cart with the code entered so you know it works. Because almost all of our Home Depot promo codes are submitted by
our visitors, we cannot assume any responsibility for their accuracy or validity. By indicating if a code worked
or did not work, you help visitors down the line know in advance if they can expect a code to work.