About Macy's: Macy's offers a differentiated shopping experience with unique merchandise, fashion brands, interesting stores, engaging online sites, excellent service, and breakthrough marketing and special events. The quintessential department store, Macy’s has enjoyed success throughout the United States for over 150 years. Ever since its founding in New York City in the 1850s, it has shown a steady rate of growth. Mr. Macy moved his store (now called R.H.Macy and Company) to New York City on the corner of 14th St and 6th Avenue where it grew and prospered for forty years. The area around R.H. Macy and Company came to be known as Ladies’ Mile. Mr. Macy died in 1877, after taking on two partners. The store remained in the partners’ names until it was purchased by Isidor and Nathan Strauss, two brothers who had established a working relationship with the store as its licensed dealers of china and other household items. In 1902, the cornerstone store was moved from its location on Ladies’ Mile to Herald Square at 34th St and Broadway in New York City. It remains there to this day, although it’s expansion took it from one single building to occupying nearly the entire city block. Although there are now more than 850 stores which bear the name Macy’s, the Herald Square location is still the heart and soul. Macy’s is to Herald Square what Bloomingdales is to 59th Street.
While Macy’s is known for its numerous fashion and home furnishing brands, it also has become a part of popular culture through the annual Thanksgiving Day Parade. In the 1920’s, the employees of Macy’s, many of whom were new to America, wanted to celebrate their new country’s tradition of Thanksgiving. The employees of Macy’s arrived at the flagship store dressed in bright costumes, and, accompanied by floats, professional bands and an animal parade provided by the Central Park Zoo, the first Thanksgiving Day Parade was born. The arrival of Santa Claus on the balcony over looking Broadway made the parade such a success, that Macy’s declared it an annual event. To this day, The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is the mark of the holiday season in the U.S.
Known throughout the world as a quality supplier of goods, Macy’s has become synonymous with elegant department stores. However, they still are able to offer products at prices well below other elite retailers. In the clothing world, Macy’s caters to children, men, and women. If you are looking for comfort and style, you need go no further than one of Macy’s 850 plus retail locations in the United States. Thanks to mergers with Federated Department Stores, May Department Stores and Marshall Fields, Macy’s enjoys locations all around the globe.
For those who want to do their shopping online, Macy’s has an easy-to-use website that not only provides accurate details about the items, but also has reliable customer support services. Whether searching for that fabulous gift for the bride and groom using Macys registry, or even looking for that perfect Macys job, the website is easy and friendly. Places to spend your hard earned cash include For the Home, Bed and Bath, Women’s Department, Men’s department, Juniors, Kids, Beauty and Fragrance, Shoes, Handbags and accessories, Jewelry and Watches, and Sale!! With great brands, including products by Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, and Ralph Lauren, BCBG, Max Azaria, Charter Club, INC International Concepts, Jones New York, Michael Kors, Rachel Ray, Style and Co., 7 For All Mankind, AGB, Anne Klein, Alfani, DKNY, Ed Hardy, Free People, French Connection, Guess?, JM Collection, Joe’s Jeans, Karen Scott, Kensie, Lacoste, Levi’s, Liz Claibourne, Lucky Brand Jeans, Maggy London/LondonTimes, Nine West, Tahari, Dockers, Hugo Boss, Izod, Marc Ecko, Nautica, Polo Ralph Lauren, Sean John, Tommy Bahama, Buffalo Jeans, Rocawear, Tasso Elba, Timberland, American Rag, Apple Bottom, Baby Phat, Roxy, XOXO, BCX, Dereon, Grass, Rampage, Zinc, Carter’s, First Impressions, Puma, Coach, Cole Haan, dooney and Burke, Fossil, Jessica Simpson, Kathy Van Zeeland, Betsey Johnson, Atienne Aigner, Francesco Biasia, Furla, Giani Bernini, Hype, LeSportsac, The Sak, Tignanello, Adidas, Aerosoles, Bandolino, Birkenstock, Born, Carlos by Carlos Santana, Chinese Laundry, Clark’s Converse, Dr. Maartens, Easy Spirit, EMU, FitFlop, Franco Sarto, harajuku Lovers, Hush Puppies, Naturalizer, Nike, Nina, Paris Hilton, Sofft, or Sperry Top-Sider, customers will walk away knowing they have the latest fashions for whatever the occasion. While major brands might attract people to the store, one cannot forget that they carry a number of accessories and shoes that help to complete any ensemble. There are also products that can help convey a sense of style and class to people of every body shape. In addition, the home furnishing department of Macy’s has become famous for its vast selection of quality goods. Although not the largest provider of accessories for the home, Macy’s makes up for this by only selling goods that meet the highest safety and efficiency standards. With brand names like All-Clad, Andon, Calphalon, Circulon, Cuisinart, Henkels, KitchenAid, Le Creuset, Martha Stewart, Tools of the Trade, Waterford, 1891 by Sferra, Barbara Barry, Court of Versailles, L’erba, Natori, Tracy Reese, Vida by Eva Mendes, and Wustof, no home could be complete with a trip to Macy’s or macys.com. For those trying to find products that will showcase their home, there is the exclusive Martha Stewart collection that is sure to earn you rave reviews from all visitors to your home. Not only furniture, but also electronics, cutlery, cookware, jewelry, and fragrances are all available both in stores and online. Macy's, along with both Dillard’s and Nordstrom, is well known for being a leader in fashion apparel and home furnishings, but the employees of Macy’s know that none of this success could come without the assistance of the consumer. As a result, they work to make sure that they provide the highest level of service to those who enter their stores or shop online.
02/08/12: Although it's not spring yet, your house may be due for a complete overhaul. Spending so much time indoors during the winter can wreak havoc on your organization and make the place much messier than normal. If you're ready to get back on track, use a Clean promotion code to get 10 percent off and free shipping on certain sized orders, then use these tips.
Make your own supplies
These days, many cleaning supplies are full of harmful chemicals that could potentially hurt the environment and also harm your family. Instead of relying on packaged cleaners, you could try making your own out of household materials that you probably already have. You'll be saving money and you might even find that these natural solutions work better.
1. Lemons. Believe it or not, lemons can do a lot of dirty work, according to Real Simple Magazine. The acids can remove dirt and rust stains, and when mixed with salt they can make a great scouring solution. As you probably guessed, lemons also make your home smell nice. You can use them all over your kitchen and even add lemon juice to your laundry to make your whites brighter.
2. Essential oils. Some essential oils can kill bacteria and mold. For example, tea tree oil can clean brushes, combs, toilets and scuffed floors. Lemon oil cleans shower doors, while lavender or lemongrass oil removes scum from windows. You might be able to save on these supplies with a The Natural Store promotion code.
3. Cooking oils. Oils like olive and sunflower can dislodge caked-on dirt and improve the look of scratches. Use them to clean cast-iron pans, leather shoes, stainless steel appliances and wooden furniture.
4. Borax. When added to your laundry, Borax can make your detergent more effective. It also kills mold and softens water, according to the news source. You could also use it to help clean china, walls and baseboards, pots and pans and the toilet.
5. Vinegar. You might not believe it, but vinegar is an all-star cleaning product. Distilled white vinegar is the most effective, so pick up a bottle and use it to clean floors, glassware, windows and shower heads.
6. Baking soda. This product can minimize odors in your fridge, and you can also use it to clean gardening tools, upholstered furniture, stained coffee mugs, stove burner grates and more.
7. Toothpaste. This stuff isn't only great for your teeth - it can clean your chrome bathroom and kitchen fixtures, scuffed linoleum, tarnished silverware and piano keys.
8. Salt. When added to lemons, essential oils or cooking oil, salt makes a great scrubber because of its fine texture. You can use it to scrub oven messes, cookware, wooden tables and glassware.
9. Ketchup. It sounds strange, but Real Simple Magazine claims that ketchup can help remove tarnish from copper and brass cookware. Just rub it on, then rinse it off.
10. Tea. If you soak dirty gardening tools in tea for a couple of hours, the grime will come right off. Use a Mighty Leaf Tea promotion code to save 25 percent on your first black tea order.
Sometimes, even when things aren't necessarily dirty, then seem so because they don't smell fresh. If you've noticed this in your home, use some of the following solutions.
1. Laundry. Sometimes items like bath towels can remain musty even after a wash. To get rid of the smell, the news source suggests spraying on some plain vodka, which will kill bacteria without leaving a scent. Hang up the materials to dry afterward.
2. Garbage disposal. A lot of food waste goes down there, so it's likely your kitchen sink doesn't smell too clean. To fix this, just run some hot water and let the disposal chew on something like orange, lemon or grapefruit rinds.
3. Freezer. Even if it's clean, your freezer could have a strange smell associated with it. Just use a cotton ball to wipe it down with some vanilla extract. You can deodorize your fridge with white vinegar and water, reports Real Simple Magazine.
4. Food containers. Sometimes, tupperware and jars can retain bad smells even after they're washed. Soak them in baking soda and water to get rid of the smell.
5. Carpet. Your rugs may get smelly, especially if you have pets. To solve the problem, sprinkle baking soda on the areas and let it sit for a few hours before vacuuming. A GoVacuum promotion code can ensure you have what you need.
To get the job done, you have to tackle every room. Here's what tasks to aim for in each area of your home, according to Better Homes and Gardens.
1. Bedroom. Flip your mattresses, wash your linens, comforters, bed skirts and mattress pads, clean your pillows, deep clean the carpet and eliminate any clutter.
2. Bathrooms. Get rid of old toiletries and makeup products that may have expired, use a Sally Beauty Supply promotion code to restock, throw out old prescriptions, replace worn bath mats and shower curtains.
3. Kitchen. Organize drawers and cabinets, throw out old food in the pantry, wipe shelves and clean the refrigerator and freezer.
4. Hallways. Eliminate clutter, wipe down baseboards, dust wall art, vacuum underneath area rugs and dust tables.
5. Living room. Put everything in its place, wipe down the TV, freshen up couches and chairs, clean tables and vacuum carpets.
6. Office. Organize supplies, clean out drawers, wipe down computer and dust shelves.
7. Closets. Donate or throw out old clothes, prepare your wardrobe for the season with a Macy's promotion code, eliminate clutter and dust the shelves.
8. Garage. Organize and clean tools, wash the floors, dust shelves and throw out anything that's broken or unused.
9. Porch. Wash the deck, re-stain the wood if it looks worn and get rid of anything that doesn't belong there.
10. Garden. Get rid of weeds, prune your plants, fertilize the soil and get started on any spring flowers and plants you're planning to grow.
Clean things you may not have thought of
Thoroughly cleaning your home takes more than what you'd normally do to freshen up your house. After the main items are all taken care of, Better Homes and Gardens suggests paying attention to areas like these, which you may not clean very often.
1. Windows. You might clean your sliding doors, but when's the last time you paid attention to the windows in the bathroom or living room? The news source suggests cleaning windows when it's cloudy. Otherwise the cleaning solution you'll be using might dry quickly, causing streaks.
2. Sliding door tracks. These can hold a lot of debris, so use an old toothbrush to loosen up grime, then suck it all up with your vacuum. A damp sponge afterward will ensure that it's good as new.
3. Baseboards, door frames, cabinets and walls. These surfaces can get grimy over time, so it's important to clean them every now and then with a good scrubbing.
4. Carpet. A thorough cleaning is necessary at least every year and a half. A Rug Doctor promotion code could get you a free cleaning package to make the job easier.
5. Beneath furniture. Lots of dust and dirt can accumulate underneath furniture and appliances, so move them out of the way and clean up everything that's under there.
6. Curtains. These can build up a lot of dust, so use the upholstery attachment on your vacuum to get rid of it, the news source suggests.
7. Light fixtures. Dead bugs and dust can accumulate here, so take the time to clean them. Make sure they're not hot and that your hands are dry.
8. The exterior of your house. Power washing your siding and windows will get rid of grime and prevent mold from accumulating. Hire a professional if you're not sure about doing it yourself.
9. Gutters. A lot of twigs, leaves and dirt can build up in your gutters - it's important to keep them clear so they can do their job. You should aim to do this at least twice a year.
10. Outdoor furniture. If you have a few chairs outside, it's a good idea to wash them in preparation for warmer months. You might want to touch up the paint job or reupholster the cushions.
Despite the fact that a complete house cleaning is time-consuming and tedious at times, you'll feel a lot better once your living space is freshened up. You and your family might start breathing easier, and once everything's tidy, there's a good chance it might stay that way. If you like the idea of a spring cleaning but don't have the time to do it yourself, a Great Green Cleaning and Maid Service promotion code could come in handy and save you money on cleaning services.
Using Macy's Promo Codes:
To activate the listed promotion codes, simply copy and
paste the promotion code listed into the box on the merchant's site. Codes typically offer things such as modest discount and some have a free shipping code.
There is usually a button that will let you
update your cart with the code entered so you know it works. Because almost all of our Macy's promo codes are submitted by
our visitors, we cannot assume any responsibility for their accuracy or validity. By indicating if a code worked
or did not work, you help visitors down the line know in advance if they can expect a code to work.