MovieGoods.com in the News
No matter what your relationship status is, there's no denying the power of a romantic movie watched on or near Valentine's Day. If you're snuggling up on the couch with your sweetheart, lounging on the sofa with your gal pals or treating yourself to a movie and popcorn marathon, use a MovieGoods.com promotion code to get deals on these awesome movies for Februrary 14.
1. When Harry Met Sally. With Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan, this film features stars with an awesome chemistry that'll give you plenty of laughs. The actors play two good friends from college who bump into each other on numerous occasions throughout their lives, but aren't sure whether or not it's a good idea to start a romantic relationship.
2. The First Wives Club. If you're single and in the mood for some great laughs on Valentine's Day, this movie is the perfect choice. Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn and Diane Keaton star as three divorced wives out to get revenge on their husbands, who traded them in for newer, younger women.
3. Casablanca. Forever a classic, this film embodies the nature of Hollywood romance. Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman star in this World War II drama, which revolves around secret documents, hot nightclubs and unbridled passion, making for an exciting watch. Use a HotMovieSale promotion code to save on this timeless romance.
4. Pride & Prejudice. It doesn't matter which version you choose - this movie is based on one of the most profound romances ever written. Jane Austen's humorous love story between headstrong Elizabeth Bennet and the aloof Mr. Darcy will undoubtedly leave you satisfied.
5. Twilight. Sometimes a twist on the old love story is refreshing, and this film definitely turns the idea of romance on its head. Based on the series of novels by Stephenie Meyer, Twilight features a girl named Bella Swan who falls deeply in love with a vampire named Edward. All kinds of action ensues - just not the type you'd usually expect in a romantic flick.
6. Now and Then. If you're celebrating great friendships on Valentine's Day, there's no better movie than this. With big names like Rosie O'Donnell, Christina Ricci and Demi Moore, you're bound to be touched by the feel-good story of childhood friends who look back fondly on their lives one memorable summer.
7. Pretty Woman. With Richard Gere and Julia Roberts, this rags-to-riches love story is sure to make you long for a Prince Charming of your own. Gere plays a businessman who hires Roberts' character, a prostitute, to act as an escort while he tours L.A. Plenty of comedic situations arise, and eventually they fall in love.
8. Love Actually. This romantic comedy, which features a star-studded cast including Keira Knightley, Colin Firth, Liam Neeson and Hugh Grant, follows the love lives of characters from all walks of life in London, England, near Christmastime. It'll show you that love can show up in just about any situation.
9. Thelma & Louise. Love your best friend but hate Valentine's Day? If so, this movie is the perfect choice. Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis star as a fed-up waitress and a housewife who team up on an adventure and end up shooting a rapist before being chased by police. While not exactly romantic, this flick is ideal if you're fed-up with love.
10. Sleepless in Seattle. Another Meg Ryan classic, this film, starring Tom Hanks as Ryan's love interest, focuses on how love can bring two strangers together. In the movie, Hanks' son calls up a radio station to find a partner for his recently-widowed dad. Plenty of women respond, but are any of them a perfect match? Use a Netflix promotion code to save on renting the movie so you can find out.
11. Titanic. If you're not afraid to shed a few tears on Valentine's Day, this movie is the perfect pick. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet star in this hugely popular movie about two young lovers who are faced with disaster on the ocean. You can probably imagine what happens, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the ride.
12. The Notebook. This touching love story, based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks, stars Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams. The movie showcases the drama surrounding their complicated yet romantic relationship and quickly develops into a real tear-jerker. Prepare to have a box of tissues on hand, because this movie might get to you.
13. 50 First Dates. Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore are hilarious in this romantic comedy about a woman with amnesia who's being wooed by a devoted new suitor. You're sure to get plenty of laughs along with several "aww" moments. Use a Video Collection promotion code to get 25 percent off your DVD purchase.
14. The Sound of Music. If you're in the mood for a musical, this classic movie is sure to satisfy you. Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer star as a nun-turned-governess and a Captain who face the perils of Nazi Germany while trying to kindle a romance. You'll find yourself singing along in no time.
15. Ghost. This romantic movie starring Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze is sure to have you captivated. Deeply in love, the couple heads to the theater for a night out that turns disastrous after a mugger murders Swayze's character. He finds himself back on earth as a ghost in his afterlife as a result of his undying devotion.
No matter who you decide to watch with, these movies are sure to tickle your fancy on Valentine's Day. Featuring friendships, dating advice, steamy love scenes and classic on-screen smooches, you're bound to find anything you're looking for in these films. Don't forget to use an f.y.e.com promotion code to save money on your favorites this February.