Sunfood in the News
If you started a diet recently, chances are you had an idea of what foods would be included. Most diets come with recommendations, and some have specific rules to follow, like avoiding carbohydrates or drinking only liquids. However, if you're simply trying to lose weight by eating healthier, it can be more difficult to figure out what foods you should be eating. After using a DietWatch.com promotion code to get a free diet profile, check out this list of diet super-foods.
1. Apples. According to Self Magazine, these crunchy fruits are the perfect on-the-go snack. With a low calorie count and plenty of flavor, apples can complement a variety of foods. Eating one before a meal could also help you feel full faster, so you don't ingest as many calories.
2. Flavored mustards and vinegars. With less calories than oils, mayonnaise and butter, these condiments can add tons of flavor to your meals without any guilt. Use a FoodSaver promotion code to get a discount on these items.
3. Fish. With plenty of omega-3 fatty acids, fish like salmon, tilapia, sole and flounder are great for those who are watching their waistlines, reports Fitness Magazine.
4. Eggs. Omelets, scrambles, frittatas and hard-boiled eggs taste great and won't hurt your diet. As an added bonus, they pack a lot of protein, so they fill you up faster.
5. Steel-cut rolled oats. These natural oats have tons of fiber, making them a good choice for a filling breakfast. Add in bananas, berries or cinnamon for a flavorful kick.
6. Frozen entrees. As long as you stick to light varieties with about 300 or 400 calories and less than five grams of fat, these meals are easy to pop in the microwave when you don't have time to cook. An eFoodsDirect.com promotion code could get you 20 percent off your purchase.
7. Green tea. For an antioxidant boost, drink a cup of green tea instead of that sports drink or soda. You'll be able to hydrate without worrying about artificial ingredients or a high calorie count.
8. Snack bars. When you pick high-fiber, low-calorie snack bars with plenty of protein before a workout, as a snack or instead of a meal, you'll be sticking to your diet and giving yourself energy.
9. Vegetables. All veggies are good for you, so don't be afraid to add them to your meal whenever possible. They also make great snacks, and you can add flavor with hummus or Greek yogurt.
10. Yogurt. With carbs, protein and healthy fat, yogurt can keep your blood sugar levels steady for hours, making you feel less hungry, reports Self Magazine. Eat low-fat plain yogurt, then add in fresh fruits for a flavor kick. A Sunfood promotion code could get you great deals on the ingredients you need.