Don't forget about your pet this Christmas by Carmine Barbetta (FB)
In many households, pets are just another member of the family. They sleep in their owner's beds, take over a favorite chair in the living room and go everywhere with their families. If this sounds like what happens in your house, you don't want to forget your pet this Christmas. Everyone else gets presents, why shouldn't your dog or cat? Here are a few ideas about what to get.
1. A meal upgrade. If you had to eat the same foods every day, wouldn't you get a little bored of it? Your pets are likely no different. Although kibble is still a diet staple, you can improve your pet's meals by upgrading to organic or premium pet foods. If you're worried about the cost, a Cherrybrook promotion code could save you 10 percent on any order. You won't have to feel guilty every time you give your dog a bowl of lackluster food.
2. A new bed. Sleeping is one thing most pets do well and often, so it's likely that a new bed would be welcomed. Animals like to be comfortable, and there's nothing like a soft bed of their own to relax in when they're tired. You won't have to worry about your cat hogging your pillow or attacking your feet at night if he has his own place to sleep. Use a PETCO promotion code to score great deals.
3. A warm sweater. If you think your dog wouldn't mind being a bit warmer this winter, a coat or a sweater could be a great gift that will come in handy on those blustery days. Look for something made out of fleece or waterproof material, so your furry friend will stay toasty. The best dog coats are easily put on with Velcro straps, so you don't have to worry about any awkward sleeves or collars.
4. A portable bed. If your canine is small enough to fit into a purse, you might like taking her out sometimes. It's a great opportunity to get her to socially interact with other people and dogs, and it's always fun having people stop you to tell you how cute your pup is. However, your friend might not be as comfortable as you think, especially if the bag you're using wasn't made for dogs. Get her a portable bed instead, which has space for her to lay down in and even stick her head out if she feels inclined to.
5. Delectable treats. All pet owners know about the power of treats. They're a way to encourage your animal to behave, as they provide an easy reward for when your pal does something right. They're also a good distraction if you get treats like bones or kongs, which can provide hours of fun for dogs. Use a PETsMART promotion code to get discounts and learn about monthly in-store specials.
Although it's not really a gift for your pet, you could always treat yourself to a little present that has to do with your furry friend. After all, when you're happy, your pet is happy. A cute picture frame with a professionally-taken photo inside, a personalized blanket or doormat with your pals image on it or a special keepsake to remember your friend by are all valid ideas. See what's available with a Wag.com promotion code.
Previous: How to make gift cards more exciting
Next: What to include in a car safety kit