Summer Fashion Tips and Savings by Carmine Barbetta (FB)
Summer means lots of cook outs, parties, weddings, and time at the beach. It also means that you’ll have some fantastic opportunities to wear the latest fashions. With so many choices, here are a few tips to help you decide what fashion trends you need to consider adding to your wardrobe in 2012.
• Think nautical. Navy blue and white stripes are a classic pairing and are always in style. Add sailor-inspired details to complete the look.
• Floral prints mingled with solids are a must-have and are perfect for an outdoor wedding or a romantic night out.
• Neon is in. If you aren’t sure you’re ready to jump into this emerging trend with both feet, start small. Neon accessories are a great way to brighten your style without feeling overdone.
• Mint green is great for everything from pants to sweaters. But only get one or two classically styled pieces at the most since there will likely be a new trendy color in 2013.
• Black and white is timeless and is making a comeback as a primary fashion combination for 2012. Wear it “as is” or dressed up with florals and neons.
• Basic white in draped, flowing, and sheer styles is a hot color for summer. A swathed look will overcome the problem of transparency.
• Maxi skirts are in. These over the ankle skirts provide maximize sun coverage and air circulation to increase comfort.
• Skorts, or moxie skirts, are making a comeback this season. They provide the comfort of a skirt with the added “breeze protection” of shorts. They are sassy and functional for “on the go” women.
• Another fun trend is colored denim. Style them up with a crisp white blouse and some simple accessories to keep it modern, fresh, and light for the summer
• Stylish t-shirts are always a good bet for summertime. T-shirts in neon colors and dynamic cuts can flatter any body shape and accentuate your assets. Layering is always an option, but so is sexy minimalism.
• Flip-flops are back so stock up. Match them with various outfits for a timely, comfortable, and fashionable summer mainstay. Gladiator sandals are also trending. Other shoes you’ll want this year include wedges, laced pumps, and ballet flats.
Summer gives you the freedom to wear a wide array of styles and colors. Go outdoors, enjoy the weather, and use these tips to look great no matter where you are or what you’re doing. To get you started, here are a few deals to help you create the perfect summer wardrobe:
7 For All Mankind
Summer Sale – up to 50% OFF
Free Shipping on any order over $100
Extra 30% OFF Clearance Items with code (expires 6/24/12)
Sign Up For Our Email and get Free Shipping Over $50
American Eagle Outfitters
Semi-Annual Sale – up to 50% OFF
Free Standard Shipping when you spend $100 or more
40% OFF select full-priced styles (limited time)
Free Shipping on orders of $175 or more
Sale – up to 40% OFF select styles
Free Shipping on any order over $50
Private Sale – 25% OFF plus Free Shipping on $50 orders with code (expires 6/26/12)
15% OFF with code
Free Shipping with code
White House Black Market
Free Shipping with $125 purchase (limited time)
Previous: Tips for Safely Enjoying the Outdoors on a Slim Budget
Next: Tips to Save Money on Summer Travel