Everybody needs a night away from the stove every once in a while. If you're sick of cooking for yourself or your family - and you don't want to pick up another night of Chinese take-out - it might be time to pamper yourself with a delicious dinner on the town. Pick out your favorite dress, because we're about to give you plenty of reasons to treat yourself.
1. Date night. A marriage takes work, which means you and your husband need to have a little time alone every once in a while. Why not schedule a night out on the town for just the two of you? Call the babysitter and make reservations at a swanky hot-spot. It'll give you a little time to rekindle some of the spark that brought you together in the first place.
2. Celebration. A promotion at work? A good grade on a paper? A big achievement in your personal life? Go out and celebrate! Invite your friends and order a nice bottle of wine to get the evening started. Then dig into some tasty entrees and finish off with a high-end dessert you can't get at home. Souffle, anyone?
3. Anniversary. One year, one month, one week - whatever the time frame, find a reason to treat yourself and your partner to a delicious meal at the trendiest place in town. To really make the night special, order a little champagne and toast to the event!
4. Try out a new cuisine. Never had Thai? Ready to try some Ethiopian? Curious about Indian? If there's a regional cuisine you've been dying to get a taste of, get a recommendation from a local paper or website, call up a friend and head out to the best place in town. From pho to tagine, from falafel to paella, every culture has its own unique - and delicious - staples.
5. Meet someone new. If you're looking to make a new friend at work or ask out a cute guy you see at the coffee shop every Monday, there's no better date than a night at the town's best eatery. Getting to know someone over dinner is easy, natural and fun, and it means both of you can enjoy a yummy meal while enjoying your new friend's company.
6. Support a recently-opened restaurant. Running a restaurant is tough work - and it requires a lot of effort to open one and keep it open for more than just a few months. Is there a new place opening up near you? If so, consider giving it a visit to help keep it afloat.
7. See an old friend. When you're busy with work, family and other obligations, it can be tough to find time to devote to keeping your friendships alive. And when phone calls go unreturned and texts go unanswered, even the best of friends can start to feel themselves drifting apart. Take a little time out of your day to take an old friend to dinner and catch up over a delicious meal.
8. Relaxation. Skip the spa treatment and forget about the manicure. Taking yourself out to a gourmet meal is the best thing you can do to squeeze in a little "me time." Take a long lunch break and hit up a fancy place with a book in hand, or enjoy a nice dinner after a tough day in the office. Bring a friend or go by yourself - whatever helps you unwind!
And if you enjoy your dinner out on the town, you can even try to recreate it in your own kitchen. Visit PromotionCode.com to get a discount on organic foods with a Door to Door Organics promotion code so you can make great meals at home, too!
Previous: A home's entry, with the right furnishings, becomes a space with style
Next: Why your business needs its own website