Christmas is almost here, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're all done with your shopping, and neither are a lot of other people. If you still need a couple of gifts but don't want to have to brave huge crowds at the mall, you could always just stick to giving gift cards. A GiftCards.com promotion code could get you great discounts.
They're not the most exciting choices, but they're a guaranteed way to make sure your recipient buys something that he truly likes. If you feel bad about just handing over a little card, you might want to try dressing it up with something more creative. Here are a few gift card ideas that are always winners, and what you could do to increase the appeal.
1. Restaurant gift card. If you choose to give your loved one a gift card to a favorite restaurant, you can't exactly buy a little something from the place to include with the gift. However, you could write up a little coupon, good for one night of babysitting (if your recipients have a child). That way, they'll be able to enjoy a nice dinner out.
2. General gift cards. These come from companies like Visa, American Express and Master Card, and they're like giving cash. You might want to stick it into a wallet or a small purse so the gift is more substantial. Many credit card companies also have fun gift boxes that turn the present into a game.
3. Gas cards. Free gas can make a great gift, but it can seem a bit boring if you don't do anything else. You might want to make a kit of useful car supplies, like air fresheners, cleaning wipes or car wash coupons. It'll feel like a bit more for the recipient, and none of the stuff is expensive.
4. Book store gift card. If you know someone who likes to read, you may not know the type of books they prefer. In that case, a gift card can come in handy, especially if you're using a FreeGiftCardsNow.com promotion code. Just include it with a small gift, like a calendar, book light or bookmark.
5. Music gift card. If you get gift cards for music stores, you might want to include a small gift like a set of headphones, a greatest hits CD you know they'll appreciate or even some candy to enjoy while they're listening.
Previous: Give the gift of a magazine subscription this season
Next: What to include in a car safety kit