Vacuuming is one of the easiest ways to spruce up the look of your home because it's quick and effective, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you're getting the most out of your vacuum. Unless you're a professional house cleaner, you may not know a few essential tips for making your carpets as clean as can be. Once you read up, use a Hoover promotion code to get a discount on the perfect vacuum for your home.
1. Make sure you clean from the top of the room down. This means taking care of any dusting and wiping before you vacuum. When you clean surfaces like tables and shelves, you're likely brushing particles and dust onto the floor. If you vacuum after, you won't have to worry about it.
2. Don't forget to check your vacuum bags. When they're too full, they don't work as well, so you won't collect as much dirt. Replace or empty your bags or cartridges when they're close to capacity. A Crucial Vacuum promotion code can help you save on extra bags.
3. Set the vacuum height on your device. If it isn't right for the pile of your carpet, it won't be able to get down into the fibers and suck up all that dirt. Doing this can also prevent "pile crush," which happens when heavy traffic on your carpets tangles the fibers.
4. While you're vacuuming, use slow, overlapping front-to-back motions. Going over an area of carpet too quickly won't get as much debris, but giving your vacuum plenty of time to suck up dirt will ensure a cleaner carpet.
5. Take advantage of the different attachments on your vacuum. They're there to make your job easier. Use the hose to get into hard-to-reach places like corners and underneath furniture, and use brush heads to scrub particularly dirty areas. You might find that using these features will allow you to clean more than just carpets. A GoVacuum promotion code can help you pick out the right tools for your budget.
As long as you ensure that your vacuum is working properly before you use it each time and you pay attention to how you're cleaning, you should have no problems effectively removing dirt and dust from your home.
Previous: Valentine's Day gifts for guys
Next: Whip up healthy treats for kids