Sometimes, you may think that a new set of furniture or a complete renovation is necessary to transform your home's interior. However, it's entirely possible to update your decorating scheme on a budget as long as you're prepared to do a bit of bargain-hunting and a couple of fun DIY projects. Use a couple of these tips and a Lowes promotion code to get you everything you need in the process.
1. Think you need new furniture? Try painting old pieces instead. If your tables and chairs look a bit worse for wear, sometimes all it takes is a bit of sanding and a new paint finish to update their look. Black looks chic in a variety of interiors, and matte finishes do a great job of masking scuff marks.
2. If you want to paint a room but don't want the color to be overwhelming, it's a lot easier to choose an accent wall and paint just that. This could also work well by covering one area with wallpaper, so use a Steve's Blinds and Wallpaper promotion code to save an extra 10 percent on your purchase.
3. Update your window treatments. Sometimes all it takes is a new set of curtains or some floor-grazing drapes to transform the feel of a room. If you're good at sewing, it's a lot cheaper to buy fabric and create your own designs, but you could see if a Laura Ashley promotion code for 25 percent off made to measure curtains can help.
4. Add new kitchen and bath fixtures. Buying a new faucet is a lot easier than replacing an entire sink, and you can easily do it yourself. Believe it or not, different finishes of metal can update your entire bathroom or kitchen aesthetic, so don't be afraid to check out a number of options.
5. If your carpet could use an upgrade, you might be able to add a few area rugs on top to make the space more inviting and cover up any soiled areas. Choose a color and pattern that complements your decor, then use a Natural Area Rugs promotion code to get 10 percent off your purchase.
Updating your decorations doesn't have to cost you a lot of money as long as you're willing to put some work into it. Read up on a variety of home improvement material, then get going. Don't forget to use a Home Depot promotion code to save on whatever materials you need.
Previous: Do you have a Valentine?
Next: Care for your car