Whether it's at a certain time of day or on a particular day of the week, many people find themselves running out of steam and lacking the necessary energy to get their work done. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you're too tired to do much, there are a few easy ways to boost your energy levels and get back into the swing of things. Using an Active Forever promotion code could save you money on everything you need to get back on top.
1. Start moving. Being physically active can help you recharge because it increases your circulation. More oxygen and nutrients flowing throughout your body will help wake you up and give your cells the energy they need. Try going for a brisk walk on your break, pacing around your office for a bit and sitting up straighter in your chair.
2. Deep breathing. Since oxygen energizes your cells, it's crucial to get plenty of it. This means you shouldn't slouch, as your airways won't be open enough to take in the amounts of oxygen you need. Also, try to deepen your breaths. If you're tense or stressed, your breaths will be shallower and you won't get enough air. Deep breathing can also slow your heart rate, lower your blood pressure and improve your circulation, all of which can boost your energy.
3. Get plenty of light. It's natural to feel more tired when you're in poor lighting, so be sure that your space has plenty of illumination. Natural lighting is best, but if you're stuck at work, a Lighting Direct promotion code can get you deals on the lamps and bulbs you need.
4. Eat protein. Protein gives your body energy, stamina and strength, so it's important to eat plenty of it to keep yourself pumped up. Eat eggs at breakfast, snack on fruits with peanut butter and eat lean proteins at lunch. These foods will energize you and you'll also feel satisfied and full, preventing you from craving sugary foods that could zap your energy back down to zero. Use a FoodSaver promotion code to get 30 percent off an order of $100 or more as well as free shipping on your favorite protein-packed foods.
5. Drink up. While caffeinated beverages can give you a quick lift, you should also aim to keep yourself hydrated with drinks like water, tea and juice. Not drinking enough liquids can make you feel tired and get headaches because water helps transport oxygen to your cells. Aim for at least four large glasses of liquids a day to keep yourself energized. A FIJI Water promotion code can help you save money.
Previous: Tips for planning for a Super Bowl Superbowl party
Next: Care for your car